We know your eager to get onto the river, however it’s important that we cover a few bits, telling you what you can and can’t do and what we can and can’t do with you…. you know, the legal stuff.
You’ll probably think it’s all pretty boring, but these terms are important and you should read them because, by using our website and services, you’re indicating that you accept and agree to comply with them. We may amend these terms (especially if we add new services or features), so check them regularly; your continued use of any of our services will indicate that you accept and agree to any amendments.
If you have any questions call the Bookings Team on 01223 301845 or email email@example.com
Availability: All bookings are subject to availability.
Booking Confirmation: Unless stated, we require full or deposit payment to confirm your booking
All prices include VAT charged at the current rate unless stated otherwise.
We accept most major debit and credit cards.
Disability Access: Granta provide an easy access ramp. Please get in touch for more information and to discuss your specific requirements with us.
Product Withdrawal: We reserve the right to withdraw products at any time without prior notice. Should we do so, holders with bookings yet to take place or those with unredeemed tickets will be offered the choice of either taking an alternative product of the same or greater value, or of receiving a full refund.
Refunds: All refunds are at the discretion of the our management.
Booking Methods: We accept bookings in person, online, by telephone, email and post.
Booking Notice: There is a 24 hour minimum notice period for email bookings. Please call us should you wish to make a booking at shorter notice and we will do our best to assist you.
Altering Bookings: Any alterations must be made at least 12 hours before the booking.
Punting Cancellations: Any cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance to ensure a refund of any monies paid minus a £50 administration fee. We are unable to offer refunds after this time, except in cases of bad weather or dangerous conditions. Event deposits are non refundable.
Food Cancellations: Any cancellations of food orders must be made at least 48 hours in advance to ensure a refund of any monies paid. We are unable to offer refunds after this time, even in cases of bad weather or dangerous conditions.
Bad Weather: Please contact us if you wish to cancel or reschedule your booking because of bad weather. Our decision as to what constitutes bad weather is final. If we are in agreement with you, we can either reschedule your booking or refund any monies paid. Please note that we are unable to refund food orders within 48 hours of a booking.
Dangerous Conditions:If dangerous conditions force us to cancel your booking we will refund any monies paid. Our decision is final as to what constitutes dangerous conditions. Examples may include excessively low or high temperatures, flooding or high winds.
Late Arrival: We can only guarantee punts for 15 minutes beyond the agreed time. Late arrival may lead to a further delay or a reduced timing for your booking. If you are going to be delayed, please notify us as soon as possible, so that we can try to reschedule your booking.
Non-Appearance: Any group failing to show up without giving prior notice will be deemed to have had their booking and will not be eligible for a refund. Account Customers will be invoiced for the full value of the booking.
Granta reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry on to or remove from our moorings or the vicinity any person who:-
Has been convicted of a criminal offence which, in the opinion of Granta, is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors
Has behaved in a manner which, in the opinion of Granta has, or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors;
Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace.
Is or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Guests must keep personal belongings with them at all times. Granta accepts no responsibility for the loss, theft or damage to any personal items.
These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with English Law, and any claim brought under these conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law
Terms & Conditions of Rental
1. By reading these Terms and Conditions of Hire, you (“the Hirer”) agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions for the hire of one or more craft and equipment from Granta Moorings (“the Company”).
2. Hire (“Hire”) starts upon obtaining a boat from the Company and continues until the boat is clocked in, whereupon immediate payment of any Hire charges must be made.
3. A deposit for each craft and equipment hired will be required before hiring commences. Such deposit will be refunded on return of the craft and equipment PROVIDED all hiring charges are paid and no claim arises under these conditions. This deposit will be retained in the event of any damage/loss to the craft and equipment during the Hire period. A charge may be applied, at the Company’s discretion, for any damage or loss of equipment.
4. The price of hire will be set out in the Company’s rates in force at the time of Hire.
5. The minimum charge is one hour’s Hire for hourly hire craft or the allotted Hire period for fixed rate hire craft. Thereafter the Hire charge is calculated pro rata to the nearest part of the hour as indicated at the moorings.
6. Refunds will be given at the discretion of the Company.
7. The maximum capacities per craft are listed below. Hirers exceeding these limits will be charged double rate for the entire duration of the Hire.
1. Craft for Hire: Single punt – 6 persons. Canoe – 3 persons.
The Company has complete discretion in refusing Hire to the Hirer if the Company or one of its staff members believes the Hirer is not safe to participate in the activity of boating.
1 of 2
Use of Craft
9. The Hirer shall use the craft and equipment in a reasonable, proper and careful manner. Rental craft are the responsibility of the Hirer and a charge may be applied, at the Company’s discretion, for any damage or loss of equipment.
10. Hirers failing to return craft and equipment by the closing time of the hire station, as displayed at the moorings, may be charged, at the Company’s discretion, double rate for each hour or part thereof after the said closing time.
11. All craft and equipment hired by the Hirers is at their own risk. The Hirer shall therefore bear the risk of loss, theft, damage or destruction of the craft and equipment. The Company will not be responsible in any way for any accident, injury, damage or loss, whether direct or indirect, arising from the hire or use thereof (save for the Company’s liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Company, its employees or agents).
12. The Hirer shall bear the cost of any claim brought against the Company as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by the Hirer.
13. The Company’s craft and equipment are hired subject to the above conditions and are not hired subject to any other condition or warranty, express, implied or statutory and any conditions or warranties other than the above conditions are hereby expressly excluded insofar as permitted by statute.
14. The Company stores all data securely in line with the Data Protection Act. All information obtained by the Company about Hirers is retained for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or where otherwise required by law.